Toyota, Chrysler, VW/Audi, Subaru, Mazda, BMW and Hyundai all saw sales in April 2012 increase compared to sales of April 2011. These numbers are quite impressive as the daily sales rate (DSR) was up 15.69%. The major automakers that were down include GM (Chevrolet) down 8.2%, Ford down 5.3%, Honda/Acura down 2.2% and Nissan/Infinity down 0.3%. The automakers that were down will look to take advantage of huge Memorial Day Car sales in 2012. Many thrifty shoppers will be hoping to see some very low prices at the end of May 2012.
Popular Cars, Trucks and SUVs Marked Down for Memorial Day Sales Event Nationwide
Car dealerships throughout the United States will be offering some amazing deals as we get closer to the final days of May. Memorial Day weekend is often known as a weekend to take advantage of an early summer vacation but some shoppers will be looking for big ticket items such as a brand new HD TV or an appliance. Those who are really looking to save thousands of dollars will likely look for Memorial Day Car Sales in 2012.
Rather than assuming that all car dealerships are going to be offering $2000 off or 125% of Kelley Blue Book value for a trade in it would be smart for car shoppers to take advantage of the Google Maps features. By simply typing in your city and the phrase car dealership you will be able to find every new and used car dealership around. It is recommended to be as specific as possible. An example of this would be “Las Vegas Ford Dealership.” You may also want to put your zip code so you don’t have to drive all over town.
How Much Will I Save On Cars During Memorial Day Weekend?
This is a very tough question to answer as it will depend on what make and model you are looking for. Remember that supply and demand determine price. If you are willing to purchase an older model Dodge Ram or Ford F150 you will save much more than purchasing a 2012 or 2013. Some of the most popular older model vehicles include a Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Honda Civic, Ford Explorer, Chevy Silverado and Toyota Camry. Note that all of these older models will be steeply discounted when compared to the new models coming out.
How Long Will Memorial Day Car Sales Last?
This is another tough question to answer but a quick answer is until late Monday or early Tuesday. Memorial Day will be celebrated on Monday, May 28th, 2012 so shoppers can find some amazing deals during the entire weekend. If you start negotiating a price early on Friday you will likely be given plenty of time to buy the vehicle. Even if you start the car buying process on Monday most dealerships will be more than willing to offer an extension of the deals as long as you continue to go through the process of buying the vehicle through that specific dealership.
- Easter Weekend Cars Sales in 2011 Could Push Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chevy and Nissan Towards Sales Growth
- Weekend Before Memorial Day Car Sales 2011 – Pre Holiday Week Sales Events Could Predict Numbers from CarMax, Ford, Toyota and Honda
- Ford and Toyota Motors 2011 Memorial Day Car Sales Numbers Likely to Improve with Stronger Economy
- Spring 2011 Weekend Car Sales Numbers Expected to Help Ford and Chevy Parent GM Increase Total Assets
- Best Buy 2011 Memorial Day Sales Numbers Could Push Assets to New Q1 High – TV, Laptop and iPad Sales Grow
- 2011 Memorial Day Car Battery Sales – Deals from WalMart, Sears, Costco, Advance Auto Parts and Autozone
- Family Dollar March 2011 Buyout Rejected – Sales Numbers and Assets Expected to Grow